For the Beauty of the Earth
Words: Folliot Sandford Pierpoint, 1864
1. For the beauty of the earth For the glory of the skies, For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies.
Refrain Lord of all, to Thee we raise, This our hymn of grateful praise.
2. For the beauty of each hour, Of the day and of the night, Hill and vale, and tree and flower, Sun and moon, and stars of light.
3. For the joy of human love, Brother, sister, parent, child, Friends on earth and friends above, For all gentle thoughts and mild.
4. For each perfect gift of Thine to our race so freely giv'n Graces human and divine, Flowr's of earth and buds of heav'n;
5. For Thy church, that evermore Lifteth holy hands above, Offering upon every shore Her pure sacrifice of love.