Music for the Church of God ->
At The Name of Jesus
Words: Caroline M. Noel, 1870
W. Pitts, date unknown (from "The Psalter Hymnal"
1. At the Name of Jesus, every knee shall bow,
Every tongue confess Him King of glory now;
íTis the Fatherís pleasure we should call Him Lord,
Who from the beginning was the mighty Word.
2. At His voice creation sprang at once to sight,
All the angel faces, all the hosts of light,
Thrones and dominations, stars upon their way,
All the heavenly orders, in their great array.
3. Humbled for a season, to receive a name
From the lips of sinners unto whom He came,
Faithfully He bore it, spotless to the last,
Brought it back victorious when from death He passed.
4. Name Him, brothers, name Him with love strong as death
But with awe and wonder and with bated breath!
He is God the Savior, He is Christ the Lord,
Ever to be worshipped, trusted and adored.
5. In your hearts enthrone Him; there let Him subdue
All that is not holy, all that is not true;
Crown Him as your Captain in temptationís hour;
Let His will enfold you in its light and power.
6. Watch, for this Lord Jesus shall return again,
With His Fatherís glory over the earth to reign;
For the day is coming when each knee shall bow,
So let hearts confess Him King of glory now.