Music for the Church of God ->
Behold the Glories of the Lamb
Words: Isaac Watts, c 1688 Based on Revelation 5:6-12
This was Isaac Watts first hymn.
||"Martyrdom" Hugh Wilson, 1800;
arranged by Ralph E. Hudson, circa 1885
1. Behold the glories of the Lamb
Amidst His Fatherís throne.
Prepare new honors for His Name,
And songs before unknown.
2. Let elders worship at His feet,
The Church adore around,
With vials full of odors sweet,
And harps of sweeter sound.
3. Those are the prayers of the saints,
And these the hymns they raise;
Jesus is kind to our complaints,
He loves to hear our praise.
4. Eternal Father, who shall look
Into Thy secret will?
Who but the Son should take that Book
And open every seal?
5. He shall fulfill Thy great decrees,
The Son deserves it well;
Lo, in His hand the sovereign keys
Of heavín, and death, and hell!
6. Now to the Lamb that once was slain
Be endless blessings paid;
Salvation, glory, joy remain
Forever on Thy head.
7. Thou hast redeemed our souls with blood,
Hast set the prisoner free;
Hast made us kings and priests to God,
And we shall reign with Thee.
8. The worlds of nature and of grace
Are put beneath Thy power;
Then shorten these delaying days,
And bring the promised hour.