Music for the Church of God ->
Blessing and Honor and Glory and Power
Words: Horatius Bonar, 1886
From a longer hymn titled "Song of the Lamb"
1. Blessing and honor and glory and power,
Wisdom and riches and strength evermore
Give ye to Him who our battle hath won,
Whose are the Kingdom, the crown, and the throne.
2. Into the heaven of the heavens hath He gone;
Sitteth He now in the joy of the throne;
Weareth He now of the Kingdom the crown;
Singeth He now the new song with His own.
3. Soundeth the heaven of the heavens with His Name;
Ringeth the earth with His glory and fame;
Ocean and mountain, stream, forest, and flower
Echo His praises and tell of His power.
4. Ever ascendeth the song and the joy;
Ever descendeth the love from on high;
Blessing and honor and glory and praise,--
This is the theme of the hymns that we raise.
5. Give we the glory and praise to the Lamb;
Take we the robe and the harp and the palm;
Sing we the song of the Lamb that was slain,
Dying in weakness, but rising to reign.